When you look in the mirror, do you smile or point out five things you hate about your body? If you’re guilty of the latter, it’s time to get a makeover – but not for your body, for your mind! Change the way you think about your body because it deserves some love. Here are 17 celebrity quotes to help you remember why you’re amazing just the way you are.
1. Girls of all kinds can be beautiful — from the thin, plus-sized, short, very tall, ebony to porcelain-skinned; the quirky, clumsy, shy, outgoing and all in between. It’s not easy though because many people still put beauty into a confining, narrow box. Think outside of the box. Pledge that you will look in the mirror and find the unique beauty in you. — Tyra Banks
2. “Being pregnant finally helped me understand what my true relationship was with my body, meaning that it wasn’t put on this earth to look good in a swimsuit. I was like, ‘Look, I can carry a baby! I’m gaining weight right, everything’s going well.’ And I’ve had that relationship ever since.” – Amy Adams
3. “If anybody even tries to whisper the word ‘diet’, I’m like ‘You can go f**k yourself.’”– Jennifer Lawrence
4. “I’m not going to starve just to be thin. I want to enjoy life, and I can’t if I’m not eating and miserable.” – Kate Upton.
5. “Shout out to all the boys from 5th to 9th grade who made fun of me for being ‘too strong.’ Thanks for forcing me to learn to love myself and my body. My muscular arms that were considered weird and gross when I was younger have made me one of the best gymnasts on the planet. Don’t ever let anyone tell you how you should or shouldn’t look.” — Aly Raisman
6. “You have to remember that it’s not practical or possible for an everyday woman to look like [a model]. Being size zero is a career in itself so we shouldn’t try and be like [models]. It’s not realistic and it’s not healthy.” — Rihanna
7. “I’m not going to sacrifice my mental health to have the perfect body.” – Demi Lovato.
8. “If you retain nothing else, always remember the most important rule of beauty, which is, who cares?” – Tina Fey.
9. “I have a belly. And I have cellulite. And I still deserve love.” — Amy Schumer
10. “We women are constantly saying things to each other like, ‘Oh my God, you look good! Did you lose weight?’ For me, someone saying, ‘Wow, you seem healthy – your skin is glowing!’ is a better compliment.” — Lea Michele
11. “I wrote ‘Bootylicious’ because, at the time, I’d gained some weight and the pressure that people put you under, the pressure to be thin, is unbelievable. I was just 18 and you shouldn’t be thinking about that. You should be thinking about building up your character and having fun, and the song was just telling everyone to forget what people are saying, you’re bootylicious. That’s all. It’s a celebration of curves and a celebration of women’s bodies.” The song is nearly 20 years old, but the message never dies.” – Beyonce
12. “How much time have I wasted on diets and what I look like? Take your time and your talent and figure out what you have to contribute to this world, and get over what the hell your butt looks like in those jeans!” – America Ferrera.
13. “Back when I was modeling, the first time I went to Italy I was having cappuccinos every day and I gained 15 pounds. And I felt gorgeous! I would take my clothes off in front of the mirror and be like, ‘Oh, I look like a woman.’ And I felt beautiful, and I never tried to lose it, because I loved it.” — Christina Hendricks
14. “If someone called me chubby, it would no longer be something that kept me up late at night. Being called fat is not like being called stupid or unfunny, which is the worst thing you could ever say to me.” Exactly! We are more than our bodies and our personalities matter loads more. – Mindy Kaling
15. “When I started ‘Modern Family’, I was stick thin, I had no chest, I had no butt — I had nothing. Then automatically, overnight, my body changed drastically. I was a D cup and had a bigger butt, and my waist was expanding. Everything was getting bigger. I automatically got this hate and judgment online. As I got older, I started to realize that as long as I’m positive in my life and as long as I feel good about my decisions and stick to how I feel and the things I want to do, that’s what’s most important. And that’s what’s going to get me through in life.” — Ariel Winter
16. “I’ve never felt like I needed to change. I’ve always thought, ‘If you want somebody different, pick someone else.’” – Melissa McCarthy.
17. “One day I decided that I was beautiful, and so I carried out my life as if I was a beautiful girl. I wear colors that I really like, I wear makeup that makes me feel pretty, and it really helps. It doesn’t have anything to do with how the world perceives you. What matters is what you see.” – Gabourey Sidibe.
Originally Published: www.bolde.com