Friendly quotes can be shared with everyone in your life, especially your friends. These quotes should be shared with someone you like, a person who can appreciate them.
From motivation to humor, there are quotes for everyone and every situation. You know what your friends need to read, so be sure to pass along the relevant ones.
These friendly quotes are intended to inspire and bring a smile to someone’s face.
Friendly Quotes to Share with Someone You Like
Share these friendly quotes with co-workers or friends when they need some encouragement.
1. “The best kind of friendships are fierce lady friendships where you aggressively believe in each other, defend each other, and think the other deserves the world.” – Unknown
When you consider yourself a friend to someone else, you do what you can to support them. This may mean defending them, empowering them and fully believing that they deserve greatness.
2. “…successful creations grow most predictably when they tap into a small network of people who do not see themselves as mainstream, but rather bound by an idea or commonality that they consider special. People have all day to talk about what makes them ordinary. It turns out that they want to share what makes them weird.” – Derek Thompson, in Hit Makers: The Science of Popularity in an Age of Distraction
When people are alike, they tend to have some of the same unique characteristics. This is what brings them together. So, to find people that you vibe well with, find those who share the same ideas as you. As Thompson said, people want to talk about what makes them unique.
3. “You can make more friends in two months by becoming interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to get other people interested in you.” –Dale Carnegie
By being friendly with others and showing interest in them, you can find yourself surrounded by great people. Otherwise, if you only try to get them to show interest in you, they’ll quickly lose interest.
4. “There are two types of people who will tell you that you cannot make a difference in this world: those who are afraid to try and those who are afraid you will succeed.” – Ray Goforth
Don’t let anyone tell you that you can’t make a difference. Each person can make an impact. The only thing that can stand in the way is fear.
5. “When you can’t look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark.” – Unknown
Find a person who will be there for you no matter how bad things get. Then, in return, make sure that you do the same in return when the time comes. There is no better way to be friendly than to be there in the hard times.
6. “Practice sharing the fullness of your being, your best self, your enthusiasm, your vitality, your spirit, your trust, your openness, above all, your presence. Share it with yourself, with your family, with the world.” – Jon Kabat-Zinn, in Wherever You Go, There You Are: Mindfulness Meditation in Everyday Life
All that you are is important and perfect. Everyone is different, and that’s what makes life so exciting.Don’t hide who you are. Instead, share those unique parts of yourself with everyone you meet.
7. “View your life from your funeral: Looking back at your life experiences, what have you accomplished? What would you have wanted to accomplish but didn’t? What were the happy moments? What were the sad? What would you do again, and what wouldn’t you do?” – Victor Frankl
If you choose to view your life this way, you’ll find yourself living with fewer regrets. By reflecting on your past, you may be able to figure out what makes you happy and who matters the most.
8. “We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over; so in a series of kindnesses there is at least one which makes the heart run over.” – James Boswell
Each time you are kind to a person, you’re stepping closer to friendship. By being continually friendly, you’re starting the process that leads to a deeper connection.
9. Surround yourself with people who make you happy. People who make you laugh, who help you when you’re in need. People who genuinely care. They are the ones worth keeping in your life. Everyone else is just passing through. – Karl Marx
Focus on those who matter and those who care. Anyone else shouldn’t affect your well-being.
10. “Life is kind of like a party. You invite a lot of people … a few who stay to help you clean up the mess … they are the only ones who matter.” – Unknown
Take a mental note of those who will have fun with you and then help with the aftermath. Those are the people who truly care about you. The ones who left after the fun was over should not affect your life or happiness.
11. Your work isn’t to change who you are; it’s to find people who are able to give you the connection you need. Because despite what you feel, you are not too much. You are not too sensitive or too needy. You are thoughtful and empathetic. You are compassionate and kind. And with or without anyone’s acknowledgment or affection, you are enough. – Daniell Koepke
Rather than change to fit with those around you, find people who understand you are enough as you are. You need a real connection, not a false connection from a person who only wishes you were different. Once you find friendly people who accept you as you are, you will know where you belong.
12. “Share your love, share your happiness, care for others; your wealth will be endless.” – Debasish Mridha
Don’t hold back. Love others, spread happiness, and look out for the well-being of others. With all of this, you’ll feel incredibly prosperous.
13. “Each and everyone of us is powerful because we all have the ability to contribute with our little grain of sand to help heal the world.” – Unknown
Everyone is important. You can make a difference, no matter how small.
14. We need people in our lives with whom we can be as open as possible. To have real conversations with people may seem like such a simple, obvious suggestion, but it involves courage and risk. – Thomas Moore
Having someone to tell your thoughts and concerns can make all the difference. You’ll always feel alone if you don’t find someone you can be open with.
15. “Some talk to you in their free time and some free their time to talk to you. Learn the difference.” – Unknown
It can be hard giving your all to every relationship in your life. Remember that just because you are friendly with someone doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice for that relationship.
Think of all of those you are friendly with and consider if they talk to you whenever they can. Otherwise, they likely only reach out when they have a moment.
Some relationships are best when both parties are equal. So, show the same level of friendliness, but don’t sacrifice for those who don’t free their time for you.
16. “Power isn’t control at all – power is strength, and giving that strength to others. A leader isn’t someone who forces others to make him stronger; a leader is someone willing to give his strength to others that they may have the strength to stand on their own.” – Beth Revis
Be strong for others, and show them that they can be strong on their own, too. As Revis said, the best way to be a friend who leads is to teach them to stand strong.
17. “One of the most important things you can do on this earth is to let people know they are not alone.” – Shannon L. Alder
Never let those you care about feel like they are alone. Everyone needs a friend, so if you see a need, fill it. Being friendly to everyone can make the world a better place. This is one of the most necessary friendly quotes to keep hand when you need to cheer up a pal.
18. “Think of what you have rather than of what you lack. Of the things you have, select the best and then reflect how eagerly you would have sought them if you did not have them.” – Marcus Aurelius
Sometimes, it’s necessary to think about all of the things you have and what you would be without them. If you had to go without some of the things you have now, think about if you would work hard to get them back. It can help you understand how blessed you already are.
19. “Do not leave any fruits in your tree of life, extend your hand and take everything that belongs to you, if you end up with extra share with someone that is in need.” – Unknown
Don’t let things go to waste. If there is too much for you, give it to someone in need. There will always be someone who can use what you have plenty of.
20. “Nothing makes the earth seem so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.” – Henry David Thoreau
Having friends across the globe helps to realize how big the world is. They’re what makes the world what it is for you.
Final Thoughts On Friendly Quotes to Share with Someone You Like
As you read these quotes, you likely had some specific friends in mind. Instead of simply thinking of them, make sure to share these friendly quotes.
Originally Published: www.powerofpositivity.com